Re-entry visa (return visa)

If you want to travel abroad but your residence permit has not yet been issued (or has expired), you may need a return visa.

In this case you will need to request a return visa from the Dutch immigration service (IND) before you leave the Netherlands. This is a sticker that will be placed in your passport which will allow you to re-enter the Netherlands without a residence permit.

Please call +31 (0)88 0430 430 for more information or an appointment.

Re-entry permits may be issued under the following circumstances:

  • if you applied to extend your residence permit on time but have not yet received your new permit.

  • if you have to travel abroad for urgent family matters (you must be able to provide documentary evidence to support this).

Last Modified: 05-09-2017